All submissions must be submitted electronically to a designated website.
- Full name
- Corresponding address, phone and email address of the person submitting the nomination
- Facility address
- Title of Program
- Name of individual nominee or names of the team leader and clinical team being nominated (please include credentials, position title(s), and email addresses)
- Program Summary: 150 word synopsis of program objectives, program approach and impact
Submissions will be accepted starting January 8, 2020 and will close March 4, 2020 (the “Entry Period”)
Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by a team of 3 WOCN member judges selected by the WOCN Society. One award will be given annually to an individual or team.
TO ENTER: All submissions must be electronically completed to www.wocn.org, which includes creating an account, completing an entry form and submitting the form (the “Entry”). Entries must be submitted and received by the Sponsor’s computer between January 8, 2020 at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time and March 4, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time to be eligible for Judging. Limit one (1) Entry per eligible individual or team.
Full Entry Requirements
Address the following questions/statements in each section. When addressing each section make sure your submission provides details and examples. Please provide supporting documentation to further explain your program and its success.
Documentation/Supporting MATERIALS are provided to help with understanding the criteria. Please note examples are NOT inclusive. Supporting documentation/examples that are unique, creative and represent “out of the box” thinking is strongly encouraged.
Please note! It is not required to include documentation for each example given.
FURTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: An Entry must meet the following requirements:
- Any photographs must be insert GIF or JPG and may not exceed 2MB.
- Entry must be written in English
- Entry may not be obscene, contain profanities or depict the Sponsor or its products and services unfavorably.
- Entry must be original, of your own creation and may not include any third-party intellectual property or rights without permission/consent, Sponsor reserves right to verify authenticity.
- Entry cannot defame or invade publicity rights or the privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe on any person’s personal or proprietary rights.
- Entry must not have been published anywhere or submitted to any other competition or contest, prior to submission.
*State restrictions are due to the adherence to AdvaMed Code of Ethics, on Interactions with Health Care Professionals
Incomplete Entries or submissions that do not fully comply with all requirements set forth herein will be disqualified. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Mechanically reproduced Entries are void. By submitting an Entry, you represent that your photographs are original and of your own creation and you have obtained any necessary patient authorization and release and you will provide all necessary permissions and releases to Sponsor as Sponsor may reasonably request. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an Entry, you agree to allow Sponsor or its designee to publish a description of your program, based on the details set forth in your Entry, and to use your name, city and state, likeness and images (submission of likeness is optional) in connection with the publication, for advertising, promotional or publicity purposes worldwide (except where prohibited) without limitation, including the internet, and without compensation, review, notification, or approval. All other items and information that you may submit with your Entry will not be used by Sponsor or designee without separate prior written permission.
JUDGING: All eligible Entries received during the Entry Period will be judged by a qualified panel of judges, determined by Sponsor. All eligible Entries will be judged based on the judging criteria as described in the Program Description and Award Selection Criteria & Requirements document (Addendum B). Judges will select one winning Entry.
Sponsor reserves the right to verify Entries for authenticity. The Entry with the highest overall score will be the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, all tied Entries will be re-judged by an additional judge, selected by Sponsor, who using the judging criteria will break the tie.The judges’ decisions on all matters pertaining to this Contest are final.
AWARDS/ODDS: Grand Prize: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner or Winning Team (up to 4) will receive:
- Registration for the 2020 WOCNext Conference in Cleveland, OH on June 7 - 10, 2020(“Conference”)
- Economy class air fare from the airport closest to the winner’s residence to the Conference and home (If winner resides within a 100 - mile radius of destination, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof.)
- Five (5) nights of hotel accommodations arranged at Sponsor’s discretion.
- A trophy or plaque, presented at the Conference opening session, by the WOCN® Society President and a designated 3M representative
- 3M will host winners in the 3M trade show booth at the Conference
- Additional special recognition throughout the Conference
- Approximate retail value is up to $10,000. Actual value may vary. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. In the event Winner or Winning Team is unable to attend the 2020 WOCNext Conference in Cleveland, OH on June 7 - 10, 2020 (“Conference”) no cash or equivalents will be awarded.
By participating in this Program, including potential receipt of promotional consideration in the form of Awards or Prizes, Entrants agree to abide by any applicable requirements of Medicare, Medicaid, private insurances or other federal, state, local or contractual reporting or disclosure requirements relating to the receipt, retention and/or use of promotion consideration as offer in this Contest. Entries that do not comply with the Official Rules in any respect will be disqualified. Winners are responsible for payment of all applicable federal, state and local taxes and other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Winners will be notified by telephone or e-mail and will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, grant of rights, and a publicity and liability release within 10 days of notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. In the event that an award or award notification is returned as undeliverable, such award will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest at any time if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the program as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion.
|PROGRAM ELEMENTS||QUESTIONS / DETAIL REQUIRED||DOCUMENTATION / SUPPORTING MATERIALS|
|1) Program Objective and Overview||
a) What problem was observed?
b) Provide insights to the root cause anaysis that was conducted.
c) What targets did your program set to accomplish?
d) Provide a brief overview of your program (name, structure, ect.)
2) Program Strategy
a) Who led the program charge (i.e., skin champion)?
b) How did the clinical champion exhibit leadership of the program?
c) Describe your interdisciplinary skin team, what allocation of time they dedicate to the program and how they work with front line and other facility staff.
d) What role has your senior leadership played
3) Program Protocol
a) Describe the protocols you have put into place with your program. (Product manufacturer’s copyrighted program are not eligible for submission)
b) Explain the comprehensiveness of your product formulary (please describe generically by product category).
If your formulary list includes both skin and wound care products, you can submit as is. There is no need to create a separate list of skin care products.
4) Program Engagement and Education
a) What unique ways have you used to engage your facility team in your program?
b) How do you deliver ongoing education to your team?
c) How do you deliver patient education?
5) Program Effectiveness
a) Describe the sustained results your program has had for at least one-year post implementation.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION:
Entrant agrees that:
i. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for St. Paul, Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in St. Paul, Minnesota;
ii.Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and
iii. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPEATION OF THIS PROMOTON IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota.
WINNERS LIST: For a list of the winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope by July 31, 2020 to: WOCN® Society, 1120 Route 73, Suite 200, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
SPONSOR: Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society TM 1120 Route 73 Suite 200 Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054