Submissions will be accepted starting January 8, 2018 and will close March 5,
2018 (the “Entry Period”).
TO ENTER: Enter the promotion by completing all mandatory registration requirements at www.wocn.org, which includes creating an account, completing an entry form and submitting the form (the “Entry”). Entries must be submitted and received by the Sponsor’s computer between January 8, 2018 at 12AM Eastern Standard Time and March 5, 2018 at 11:59PM Eastern Standard time to be eligible for Judging. Limit one (1) Entry per eligible individual or team.
FURTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: An Entry must meet the following requirements:
- Any photographs must be insert GIF or JPG and may not exceed 2 MB.
- Entry must be written in English
- Entry may not be obscene, contain profanities or depict the Sponsor or its products and services unfavorably.
- Entry must be original, of your own creation and may not include any third-party intellectual property or rights without permission/consent, Sponsor reserves right to verify authenticity.
- Entry cannot defame or invade publicity rights or the privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe on any person’s personal or proprietary rights. State restrictions are due to the adherence to AdvaMed Code of Ethics, on Interactions with Health Care Professionals
- Entry must not have been published anywhere or submitted to any other competition or contest, prior to submission.
Incomplete Entries or submissions that do not fully comply with all requirements set forth herein will be disqualified. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Mechanically reproduced Entries are void. By submitting an Entry, you represent that your photographs are original and of your own creation and you have obtained any necessary patient authorization and release and you will provide all necessary permissions and releases to Sponsor as Sponsor may reasonably request. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an Entry, you agree to allow Sponsor or its designee to publish a description of your program, based on the details set forth in your Entry, and to use your name, city and state, likeness and images (submission of likeness is optional) in connection with the publication, for advertising, promotional or publicity purposes worldwide (except where prohibited) without limitation, including the internet, and without compensation, review, notification, or approval. All other items and information that you may submit with your Entry will not be used by Sponsor or designee without separate prior written permission.
JUDGING: All eligible Entries received during the Entry Period will be judged by a qualified panel of judges, determined by Sponsor. All eligible Entries will be judged based on the judging criteria as described in the Program Description and Award Selection Criteria & Requirements document (Addendum B). Judges will select one winning Entry.
Sponsor reserves the right to verify Entries for authenticity. The Entry with the highest overall score will be the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, all tied Entries will be re-judged by an additional judge, selected by Sponsor, who using the judging criteria will break the tie. The judges’ decisions on all matters pertaining to this Contest are final.
AWARDS/ODDS: Grand Prize: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner or Winning Team (up to 4) will receive:
- Registration for the 2018 WOCN Conference in Philadelphia, PA on June 3-6, 2018. (“Conference”)
- Economy class air fare from the airport closest to the winner’s residence to the Conference and home (If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of destination, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof.)
- Five (5) nights of hotel accommodations arranged at Sponsor’s discretion
- A trophy or plaque, presented at the Conference opening session, by the WOCN® Society President and a designated 3M representative
- 3M will host winners in the 3M trade show booth at the Conference
- Additional special recognition throughout the Conference
- Approximate retail value is up to $10,000. Actual value may vary. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. In the event Winner or Winning Team is unable to attend the 2018 WOCN Conference in Philadelphia, PA on June 3-6, 2018 no cash or equivalents will be awarded.
GENERAL: By participating in this Program, including potential receipt of promotional consideration in the form of Awards or Prizes, Entrants agree to abide by any applicable requirements of Medicare, Medicaid, private insurances or other federal, state, local or contractual reporting or disclosure requirements relating to the receipt, retention and/or use of promotion consideration as offer in this Contest. Entries that do not comply with the Official Rules in any respect will be disqualified. Winners are responsible for payment of all applicable federal, state and local taxes and other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Winners will be notified by telephone or e-mail and will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, grant of rights, and a publicity and liability release within 10 days of notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. In the event that an award or award notification is returned as undeliverable, such award will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest at any time if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the program as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION:
Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for St. Paul, Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in St. Paul, Minnesota; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPEATION OF THIS PROMOTON IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOt ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota.
WINNERS LIST: For a list of the winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope by July 31, 2018 to: WOCN® Society, address
SPONSOR: Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses SocietyTM 1120 Route 73 Suite 200 Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054